Wednesday, January 3, 2024

New Year 2024

 OK - going to dust this thing off for real now.

Image made by KingNot on Deviantart - used/shared with permission.


 

 

This year - LOW "Social media" - high own website activity.  As a buddy pointed out better to have an island on the net than shouting to be heard in a lonely but crowded place.  Social Media is a Satanic poison on society and the ideals of the early WWW internet.  We knew about it then - the fear the internet would be turned into "TV 2.0" and the only communication is to buy things from a limited number of big companies.

Social Media started as a way for the uncreative and non-tech inclined people to have their own websites which was trendy then but potentially very expensive.  The modern "Social media" grew from "Free" webhosting and message board sites like Plastic but morphed into the monsters we have today.  So as servers like Dreamhost (I recommend) set themselves up so you'd not need to take a HTML class then get ruined worse than a RIAA lawsuit threatened if your "Cat" page went viral.  It pulled out a lot of the air from the DIY website people and then over a few years turned into the sludge pit we have today.

Hey - not knockin' anyone, I got sucked in myself.  All the time I wasted with pointless 'arguments' with people who were tinpot generals and possibly some early bots/AIs...?

Can't change that but will push forward.

What I will do is change directions so I can publish some good stories I've written, many already done.  These aren't long novels but rather short stories so I'll sell them for a few $ each.

Therefore most of my internet time will be just posting notice when I do an update, especially another story.  I will pass around or 're-...whatever' some stuff I like to help the indie balls rolling, but no huge announcements over fake politics and debate over absurd "Issues".  All they do is try to get people to argue so they see more ads.

  I might advertise but per "Dead Internet" I think it largely only pays a gulag click farm.  A friend of mine used to use twitter a lot and whenever he advertised a product of his the hits came in but zero response.  Now his stuff is super NSFW but then again if you go on that toxic sh-thole there's tons of cam girls and trans- people waving their junk in front of you.

Oh - btw - while I will certainly use AI art I'll continue to employ the talents of the various illustrators I've worked with over the years.  Most illustrators who do commission work just do figures and HATE detailed backgrounds, crowds, etc. so there's no "Jurrrb" taken, just an improvement in quality for work that was refused.  I actually spent good $ with a friend to upgrade Corel Painter and 3D software over this refusal for work and then AIart came into play so it'll be used less...oh well...

This particular one is by Gulavisual who I've followed and made some commissions from for years -












No comments:

Post a Comment